Over the years Dr. Pyles has developed a reputation as an innovator in the treatment of chronic, intractable pain. He is the inventor of the Pyles needle, an epidural needle used in the placement of percutaneous SCS leads. Dr. Pyles has six more patents pending relating to various interventional techniques and devices. Currently, spinal cord stimulation plays a predominant role in Dr. Pyles’ practice.
A native of West Virginia, Dr. Steve Pyles graduated from the Marshall University School of Medicine in Huntington, West Virginia. While completing his anesthesiology residency at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Dr. Pyles became very interested in the treatment of chronic pain. In 1986, he established the Pain Treatment Center (PTC) in Ocala, Florida.
Dr. Pyles’ Memberships/Certifications:
- Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians-Board Member.
- Member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians.
- Member of the North American Neuromodulation Society
- Member International Neuromodulation Society
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist and Diplomate American Academy of Pain Management.
- Member of the Florida Medical Association